Personal data protection policy
Camino del Apu Ausangate S.R.L. Hereinafter, Andean Lodges, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. Therefore, in compliance with the provisions of Law No. 29733, Personal Data Protection Law, its regulations, and complementary standards, it has adopted technical and organizational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access, and theft of the personal data provided by their owners.
In order to provide our services, you must previously provide certain personal data, which will only be used for the purpose for which they were collected. The type of possible information that is requested includes names, surnames, electronic mail address (e-mail), date of birth, sex, country and city of origin, and personal interests, among others. Not all the information requested at the time of entering the site is mandatory to be provided, except those which we consider convenient to process your requests and requirements.
In this way, all the personal data that is provided to us will be stored in our database in a secure environment. We may use the Personal Information you provide to us, for example, to provide a service, answer inquiries, ensure a correct reservation, measure consumer interest in our different products or services, and inform you about products, services, or regular updates about Andean Lodges that we think might be of interest to you.
Andean Lodges may send you emails based on the Personal Information you have provided to us, you can choose not to receive them, using the link provided at the end of each of our newsletters and inform us about your preferences or if you would like to be removed from all of our communications.
Such information will not be shared or disclosed, except when authorized by you, or in the following cases:
• When required by a competent authority and after compliance with the corresponding legal process.
• When in the opinion of this site it is necessary to enforce the conditions of use and other terms of this website or to safeguard the integrity of other users or the site.
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, do not hesitate to contact us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgRead more
- Personal information. All information about a natural person (the user) that identifies or makes it identifiable through means that can be reasonably used.
- Responsible of processing personal data. Any natural person, legal person that alone or acting jointly with another carries out the processing of personal data commissioned by Andean Lodges by virtue of a legal relationship that binds it to it and defines the scope of its action. It includes whoever performs the treatment without the existence of a personal data bank.
- Order of treatment. Delivery by Andean Lodges to a person in charge of processing personal data by virtue of a legal relationship that binds them. Said legal relationship defines the scope of action of the person in charge of processing personal data.
- Holder of personal data. Natural person to whom the personal data corresponds
- Transfer of personal data. Any transmission, supply or manifestation of personal data, of a national or international nature, to a legal person under private law, a public entity or a natural person other than the owner of personal data.
- Processing of personal data. Any technical operation or procedure, automated or not, that allows the collection, registration, organization, storage, conservation, elaboration, modification, extraction, consultation, use, blocking, deletion, communication by transfer or diffusion or any other form of processing that facilitate access, correlation or interconnection of personal data.
Andean Lodges undertakes to respect the guiding principles established in the Personal Data Protection Regulations detailed below:
- Principle of legality: The processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with those established in Law 29733 and its regulations; the collection of personal data by fraudulent, unfair or illegal means is prohibited.
- Principle of consent: For the processing of personal data, the consent of the owner must mediate.
- Principle of purpose: Personal data must be collected for a specific, explicit and lawful purpose and its treatment must not be extended to any other purpose than that indicated when the user gave their consent.
- Principle of proportionality: All processing of personal data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which they were collected.
- Principle of quality: The personal data to be processed must be truthful, accurate and, as far as possible, up-to-date, necessary, pertinent and adequate with respect to the purpose for which they were collected.
- Principle of security: The owner of the personal data bank and the person in charge of its treatment must adopt the technical, organizational and legal measures necessary to guarantee the security of personal data.
- Principle of disposition of appeal: The owner of personal data must have the administrative or jurisdictional channels necessary to claim and enforce their rights, when these are violated by the processing of their personal data.
- Principle of adequate level of protection: For the cross-border flow of personal data, a sufficient level of protection must be guaranteed for the personal data to be processed or, at least, comparable to the provisions of the Data Protection Law Personal or by international standards in the matter.
Purposes of personal data
Andean Lodges will use the personal data provided by users to:
- Comply with the provision of contracted tourist services: flight programming and reservation, tourist packages, hotel reservation, restaurant reservation, itinerary programming, tourist services in general, among others; answer questions related to it and send any additional information about the contracted service.
- Analyze and identify the expectations, preferences, levels of customer satisfaction (natural person, companies and travel agencies), among others that may be useful for the improvement of the company’s services.
- Sending digital advertising of promotions or tourist services on offer, or any news, update or information related to the company.
Treatment on request
Andean Lodges may commission part of the processing of personal data for which it is responsible or which are part of the personal data banks of which it is the owner, to legitimate providers, for purposes of processing, equipping technological solutions and customer satisfaction.
Rights of the holders
In accordance with the Law, the holders of personal data have the following rights:
- Right of Access and information on the data of himself that are part of the database owned by Andean Lodges.
- Right to rectify, update and include the personal data of the owner subject to treatment by Andean Lodges, when these are partially or totally inaccurate, incomplete or when omission, error or falsehood has been noticed.
- Right of Cancellation or Deletion of the owner’s personal data not related or necessary for Andean Lodges to provide its services or that are not in accordance with current regulations.
- Right of Opposition: The owner of personal data can oppose the processing of their personal data at any time. The opposition will proceed to the extent that the treatment has no contractual or legal justification.
Procedure for the exercise of the rights of the owner of personal data
The Holders may revoke their consent or exercise their rights, after verification of their identity, presenting their identity document and sending their request, queries or claims to: email@example.com.
Term of personal data processing
The personal data processed by Andean Lodges will be kept as long as the purposes of this policy are met and / or until the owners request the deletion of their personal data.
Personal data security
In compliance with current regulations, Andean Lodges takes all reasonable precautions and appropriate technical, administrative and organizational measures to guarantee the security of personal data, avoiding its alteration, loss, improper treatment or unauthorized access. The application of the security measures is intended to ensure the preservation, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data.
This Policy has been updated as of October 25, 2021 and may be modified by Andean Lodges at any time. If there is any change or modification of this Policy, the current text of the same will be published on our web portal: www.andeanlodges.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All the services that are marketed through this site are subject to terms and conditions that are explained below, so we suggest that you read and thoroughly review their details.
+ Booking Requests
Reservations made through this website, email, telephone or any of the service channels of our reservation center must receive an approval response from Andean Lodges in order to be considered confirmed. Otherwise, they will not be valid.
The responses to your requests (with confirmation code or indication of the waiting list) will be reached by email, in a time not exceeding 24 hours, considering the order of arrival of the orders to our Reservation Center.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you must send, mandatorily, our “Client’s Information Form”, an online questionnaire containing all the information Andean Lodges requires.
Bookings are not endorsable.
Fixed Departure Tariffs: Group departures, on Fridays, between March and November, in the 3 and 5-day programs, and on Thursdays, in the 6-day program. Exceptionally, fixed departures may be scheduled on other days and in other programs.
Tariffs for Private Groups: Departures in programs, from 2 to 7 days, that can leave any day, and without a minimum of customers. The price depends on the number of participants. Prior verification of availability.
- Prices are expressed in US Dollars.
- Prices are individual.
- Prices are subject to changes, without previous notice.
+ VAT exemption
In accordance with the 919 Law Decree, will be exonerated from the 18% VAT tax (Only accommodation and catering services), all clients who present, prior to the trip, their original foreign passport, duly stamped by immigration, and the Andean Immigration Card.
We do not accept presentation of passport photocopies.
In case of Peruvian passengers living outside the country, they will need to present their original passport and residence visa abroad.
If passengers do not present the requested documents, or the stamps are not legible, we will charge the 18% VAT (The service export works, for as long as they fulfill the requirements of the 919 Law Decree).
Passengers with Peruvian nationality or residence in Peru do not enjoy this exemption.
+ Payment modes
We accept the following payment modes:
- Credit and debit cards
- Bank deposit or wire transfer to our bank account:
Beneficiary – Name of the company: Camino Del Apu Ausangate S.C.R.L.
Bank: BANCO DE CRÉDITO DEL PERÚ
Checking account in US Dollars
Account number: 285-1517702-1-19
ICC: 002 285-001517702-1-19-51
ABA code: 026002167
Swift code: BCPLPEPL
* If you make your payment by bank wire, Andean Lodges will only assume commissions and charges effectuated by our bank. Please, ask your bank about commissions or any other charges it might charge, before you make your deposit. In the reference, indicate the term “Expenses Ours”, this ensures, that the committee is assumed by the customer, and we receive the full cost of our service.
You will have to send a copy of the payment voucher, via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 15:30 p.m., on the indicated deadline date. Whenever the payment date is a Saturday, Sunday or holyday, you will have to send the payment on the working day prior to the indicated deadline date.
Any payment verification or review will have to be made via e-mail at email@example.com.
In case of payment failure on the indicated day, we will automatically eliminate the booking from our system.
+ Rooming list
- Individuals (From 1 to 4 participants): The customer, responsible of the group, must send the list of participants, 30 days before the group’s departure, at the latest, indicating all of its members´ information, in the online form sent upon booking confirmation.
- Small groups (From 4 to 8 participants): The customer, responsible of the group, must send the list of participants, 45 days before the group´s departure, indicating all of its members´ information, in the online form sent upon booking confirmation.
- Large groups (From 8 to more participants): The customer, responsible of the group, must send the list of participants, 60 days before the group´s departure, at the latest, indicating all of its members’ information, in the online form sent upon booking confirmation.
+ Trekking programs in Ausangate: Deadline dates, payment deadlines, cancellation charges
- 50% of the booking will be paid within a deadline that does not exceed seven (7) days after the booking confirmation.
- If you fail to make payment of the reserve (first deposit), your booking will be canceled, automatically.
- You can pay the first prepayment (50%), only by credit or debit card on our online system or via wire to our bank account.
- You can pay the balance, via wire to our bank account, or credit or debit card on our online system, at the latest thirty (30) days before the beginning of the trip.
- We will accept cancellations without penalty charge, up to 31 days prior to the client´s arrival, to avoid the 100% booking charge.
- We will accept booking modifications, up to 31 days prior to the client´s arrival, without additional charge.
- We will accept cancellations with overcharge or penalty, up to 10 days prior to the client´s arrival date, charging 20% of the booking´s total amount, to cover operative expenses.
- Modifications within 30 days prior to the client´s arrival, will suffer a 20% penalty of the booking´s total amount.
- Cancellations and modifications, within 9 days prior to the client´s arrival date, will be charged 100% of the booking´s total amount. In addition, we will add 18% VAT to that amount. (No Show).
- If the payment corresponding to the booking is not made, the latter will automatically be cancelled.
+ Acclimatization programs: Deadline dates, payment deadlines, cancellation charges
Payment deadline dates, and cancellation charges described in the previous number are valid only for our trekking itineraries in Ausangate. Itineraries including acclimatization tours are subject to different policies:
- A 50% deposit of the trip’s total price is required, within a deadline that does not exceed seven (7) days after the itinerary has been confirmed.
- The remaining amount (50%) must be paid, at the latest sixty (60) days before the beginning of the trip.
- For cancelations received between 90 and 61 days prior to the start of the trip, there will be a penalty of 25% of the trip’s total payment, unless that, due to a third party supplier’s policies, such as hotels, for example, payment of the w hole amount might be required.
- For cancelations received between 59 and 40 days before starting the trip, there will be a penalty of 50% of the trip’s total payment, unless that, due to a third party´s policies, such as hotels, for example, payment of the full amount should be required.
- For cancelations received between 39 and 20 days before starting the trip, there will be a penalty of 75% of the trip’s total payment, unless that, due to a third party’s policies, such as hotels, for example, payment of the full amount should be required.
- For cancelations received past 20 days prior to the beginning of the trip, there will be a penalty of 100% of the trip´s total payment.
- The traveler is allowed to make minor changes to the itinerary, in accordance with the policies described herein. Therefore, we will do our best to adapt to your requests. However, major changes, such as destination city, hotels, flights, trains, etc., will incur additional non-refundable expenses, in addition to the deposit made for the quote´s initial amount.
- Our payment policies refer to the services offered by Andean Lodges, payments of additional services, including the purchase of entrance tickets, tickets for any means of transportation, hotel bookings, etc., are previously made in full, to confirm the trip. Some services have payment, cancellation and refund policies which are different to ours. In these cases, payments, cancelations and refunds will be adapted to the third-party suppliers’ policies.
+ Children´s policies
We do not have tariffs for children. Nevertheless, we recommend, in case of children, that these should be older than 12, to be able to complete the hike. Minors of 18 years of age, travelling without their parents, will have to present an authorization signed by their parents.
+ No show policies
When a booking presents a no show, we will charge the booking´s total of nights. Charges are subject to 18% VAT. Andean Lodges will dispose of these rooms for their sale.
+ Late bookings
Bookings made within 30 days the departure date are considered late bookings. Payment of the 100% non-refundable amount, will be necessary, to confirm them.
Our hiking programs in Ausangate include the lodging service in our lodges. We have 08 double rooms in each, for a maximum of 16 participants per departure.
There is no telephone signal, internet connection, or electricity in the lodges, do not forget to bring extra batteries for your devices, if required.
It is the client’s obligation to take care of the facilities of the lodges placed at his service.
For your safety, it is forbidden to leave the lodges unless it is accompanied by one of the guides.
Our programs include food service, during the whole trek, from lunch on the first day, to lunch on the last. For instance, in the case of a 5d/4n program, meals are as shown in the following chart:
In case you have some food restriction, you must mention it on our online “Client’s Information Form”. Please, do let us know beforehand, so that we might be able to coordinate an appropriate menu.
The program includes transportation, from the client´s accommodation, in the city of Cusco, to the village of Chillca, where the trek starts, and the return trip, from the road´s head, to the accommodation, in the city of Cusco.
The Price does not include any other type of transportation, eventually requested, outside the program, for example, in case of evacuation.
+ Travel insurance
The prices of our tours do not include travel insurance.
Any portion of a reconfirmed reservation, service not used or canceled by the traveler, for any reason, during the development of the itinerary, will not be refunded, so we recommend purchasing a travel insurance, especially one that provides medical transportation, in case of emergency. When purchasing an insurance, the client must let the insurance broker know about the kind of trip they are about to go on
We must receive the information about your insurance in the online information form that will be sent at the time of confirming the reservation, The passenger must bring their travel insurance policy to the trek, along with their travel documents.
In case of emergency, neither Andean Lodges, nor any member of our team will be responsible for assuming the expenses the insurance policy does not cover.
You can click here to get an insurance quote through World Nomads. Price and coverage vary, depending on the number of days. Please always check if the coverage it offers suits your needs.
+ Health and physical aptitude
Being in good physical shape, before the trip, will greatly improve your trip experience. So, we recommend you to visit your physician and dentist, before you set off on your vacations.
If you have any doubt about your physical capacity to complete the trip, we recommend you to go over the itinerary with your practitioner. You must send us details about pre-existing medical conditions.
The trip´s leader, trained in first aid, will take a first-aid kit along, as well as a satellite phone, for eventual evacuation cases.
Staff trained to attend serious problems is scarcely accessible in the remote areas we will visit. Therefore, an evacuation might take time and be difficult.
The trip´s leader has the right to disqualify any participant, at any time, during the trip, for being physically or mentally incapable of concluding it, or for endangering the group´s safety. In these cases, there is no refund.
+ Inherent risks
You understand and accept that, when participating in the tour, you might expose yourself to inherent dangers. Among these are the dangers of travelling in remote areas and on high mountains. There also are dangers of accidents or illnesses in remote places, without any medical services, as well as those inherent to nature´s forces, and dangers inherent to travelling by air, water or land, by different means of transportation, and other dangers inherent to that type of trips.
The trip´s leader has the faculty to modify the itinerary, or to suspend it, given the climatic conditions or other Acts of God that could endanger the customers´ safety.
+ Unforeseen acts of god
The Company cannot be held responsible for Acts of God, fortuitous and unforeseeable events, referring to climatic, geographic and social issues, or of any other sort, that make it impossible to offer the service.
We cannot be responsible for illnesses, accidents, destroyed luggage, transportation cancellation, natural disasters or any other factor beyond our control.
All itineraries are subject to changes, due to weather conditions, plane or train delays and other Acts of God.
If any of the above-mentioned suppositions should arise, the Company has the power to suspend the trek, and to take the necessary actions, to safeguard the participants’ lives.
+ Customer’s Code of Conduct
During your trip in Ausangate, please follow carefully the following instructions:
- Buying handicrafts supports local skills and helps local economy, avoid haggling. Andean Lodges promotes fair trade.
- Unless clearly hidden or using a long range zoom camera lens, it is essential to ask before taking a picture of a person or your family, your guide will help.
- Do not give out candies, money, or anything alike to children.
- In case you wish to make donations, please let our Experiences Coordinator know, if possible before the hike.
- Respect the cultural expressions of the communities to be visited, avoiding to interfere in the normal development of daily activities of native people, along the “Camino del Apu Ausangate”.
- Tips for staff are not included in our rates, they are completely voluntary and at your discretion. Please read carefully the guidelines described in the document “Information before departing” that will be sent after at your confirmation.
- Take home used batteries and medicine packages.
- Avoid using common soaps or shampoos, we will provide organic products every day.
- We use biodigester tanks, please do not put paper or any other type of solid in the toilet, instead use the litter bins next to it.
- Dispose of waste properly, place organic waste in the green bags and inorganic waste in the red ones.
- Use a water bottle that you can refill each day, before leaving the lodges. Avoid using disposable plastic bottles.
- Do not collect plants, stones or other objects as souvenirs.
- Take care of the environment (flora and fauna), avoiding throwing trash along the route, make fire, hunt animals and any other of environmental alteration or pollution.
- Follow your guide’s instructions and do not walk away from the group during the walk.
- Respect all travel group members (excursionists and Andean Lodges’ team).
- Not to consume drugs, meta-amphetamines, corticoids, stupefying and other hallucinogenic drugs or elements that alter their good judgment and mental state, during the trek, as doing so could put their own life, as well as that of the rest of the group, in danger.
- Acquire all necessary gear to go on the trek: Waterproof mountain boots, comfortable walking pants, quick-drying long-sleeved shirts, thermal jacket, warm jacket, waterproof jacket, wool cap and gloves, sunglasses, walking sticks and a backpack for your personal belongings.
+ Corporate Social Responsibility
The company is committed to the practice of responsible, inclusive and equitable tourism, which contributes to the sustainable development of the communities involved in our field of operation. We have signed a Code of Ethics that involves our shareholders, employees, suppliers, and customers; and through which we guarantee compliance with the fundamental principles of Sustainable Tourism and Corporate Social Responsibility practices. By means of that document the company declares that:
- We protect respect for human rights, and we reject any type of discrimination related to skin color, origin, sex, religion or ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. In addition, we reject the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in Peru and in the world, and in particular in its travel and tourism modality, we strongly denounce and condemn these practices, as well as those of any type of forced labor and child exploitation.
- The contractual relationship between the company and our employees is done legally and ethically, respecting the duties and rights of both parties, and ensuring the safety and health protection of all our employees, the payment of a fair wage and their general welfare.
- We promote the conservation of the environment and biodiversity, through actions that allow us to reduce the impact of our operations, such as the correct management of waste.
- We promote fair trade, dialogue with our suppliers is open, and on an equal footing, respecting agreed payment schedules and cancellation policies.
- We protect local values and identities and promote respect for the culture of the people around the sacred Ausangate Mountain. We incorporate the ancestral knowledge of these communities into our operational processes, employing their settlers in what they are experts by tradition, to insert them into the modern economy.
+ Offset of carbon
Our rates include the payment of USD 10.00 (Ten US dollars with 00/100), which are used in the offset of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions of the trip you will make with us. This is done by working in conjunction with Nature Services Peru SA. This company controls the ‘Regenera project’ (www.natureservicesperu.com/regenera) which works on the sustainable management of ecosystems in Peru.
+ Conformity declaration
The present document´s previous reading is mandatory, to make a contract with the company Camino del Apu Ausangate SCRL, “Andean Lodges”.
It is each mandatory that every customer who participates in our programs should be aware of the information established in the present document. Upon their booking´s confirmation, the customers declare their conformity and adhesion to the company´s terms and conditions.
+ Causes for contract termination
The contract, celebrated with the Company Camino del Apu Ausangate SCRL, “Andean Lodges”, will be automatically terminated, in the following cases:
That the customer who participates in the program ignores or does not adhere to rules, established in the present document.
That the customer´s conduct, while participating in the program, should put his/her life or that of other people in the group, at risk.
In cases of contract termination, there is no refund whatsoever.
+ Freedom of contract making
The supplier reserves the right to make contracts; that is, the faculty of celebrating a contract or not to do so, as well as to determine whom it hires, in accordance with what Article 62 of Peru´s Political Constitution prescribes.