Our Volunteer Program is one of Andean Lodges´ initiatives, as it has been designed to generate and promote cultural and educational exchanges between college students and residents of Chillca and Osefina, mainly aiming at promoting community member development, through varied training in service, weaving techniques and creating microbusinesses, among others.
On the other hand, the students assimilate all they can about the community´s customs, duties and daily lifestyles, while learning to live in a natural and Andean rural environment, above 4,000 m. in altitude, and to handle the available natural resources.
Our Volunteer Program lasts two weeks, distributed as follows:
- Arrival in the community of Chillca: Monday, at 7:00 a.m.
- Classes: Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Classes on Saturdays: From 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Arrival in Cusco: Saturday, at 6:00 p.m.
- Sundays off.
- Last week: Classes end on Thursday
- Last Friday: Farewell Party in the community
- Last Saturday: 5-day and 4-night Ausangate Trek.